Thursday 23 January 2014

Habakkuk 1:1-4 (You Do Not Save); Habakkuk 1:5-11 (Sending Savages) by Susan Park

Response One, Habakkuk 1:1-4
YOU DO NOT SAVE
I don't want to open my eyes,
I don't want to open my heart.
The pain of the world is overwhelming;
Feeling it all will tear me apart.
You
How can You
How can You stand by?
I can better understand Your absence
That understand how You can just stand there
Worst of all are the cries of a child
- broken bones, broken hearts, stony eyes.
Past bearing are the injuries of your little ones
Justice fails, hope dies.

Response Two, Habakkuk 1:5-11
SENDING SAVAGES
You are relentless
     in calling me home
You raise up wolves
     to devour my flesh
You overwhelm,
     Tearing down my defenses
I cower in fear and dread.
How ruthless you are
     in leading me to righteousness!


No comments:

Post a Comment